Sunday, August 5, 2012

Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf


Wereworld: Rise of the wolf is an incredible book.  As a reader of fantasy, I read it and absolutely loved it.  This book takes place in a world that is ruled by wereanimals.  Not only are there werewolves, but there are also werebears, werestags, wereboars, and werelions and so one.  This aspect makes this book a superb work of fantasy in my eyes.  It deviates from the typical, overdone, supernatural werewolf that I really to not like.  It views werewolves not as monsters of the supernatural world, but as a living fantasy creature that has other wereanimals alike.  From a literary point of view, the language is simple, maybe a little too simple, but pleasant enough to be very enjoyable and entertaing.  The flow of the story feels natural.  Occasionally dialogue sounds a little odd but all in all it has a good flow.  It isn't often you come across books like these. 


It is very rare a book this good comes across.  I have been dying to read its sequel, Rage of the Lions for some time now.  It recently came out.  I haven't read it yet, but I sure can't waitto read it. 


This book series is actually a foreign set of books from Britain.  The author Curtis Jobling apparently was the maker of Bob the Builder tv show.  I find that quite bewildering.  Anyway since it's a foreign book that means it takes longer to get to America.  Joy.  I recommend this book series if you love fantasy, especially werewolves. 

,Starvix Draxon

No comments:

Post a Comment