Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Hobbit Movie Review

On Friday I went to see the Hobbit movie.  By this point I have read up to the events in Mirkwood so I knew I had read up to what the movie had covered.  So I will be comparing the movie to the book as I write this. 
 
Question 1. Which was better?  Book or Movie?
 
Answer:  Movie!  Deffinately!
 
Question 2.  Was the movie accurate to the book?
 
Answer:  Yes, though there were some differences, but those differences were really good and added more depth to the story

Question 3.  What kind of differences?

Answer: The movie included more exposition about a war between orcs and the dwarves at Moria that happened a while back.  The group is actually chased by the orcs a couple of times.  Also the character is far more developed than in the book. 

Something that is sort of my pet peeve is weak characters.  If a story is just exposition and more exposition, then I get bored quickly.  I love character.  To me, character is the most important aspect of the story.  Without it, you have nothing but exposition.  That's why I don't typically care for Tolkein's work, because 1, his language is difficult to understand, and 2, he includes so much exposition about the rings and other stuff that he loses the chance to develop characters.  I'm not saying he's a bad writer.  He's an exellent author, but not the best story teller for character. 

Question 4.  Was the acting good?

Answer:  Yes!  Peter Jackson cast really good actors for The Hobbit.  I don't know anyone else who could have played Bilbo as well as Martin Freeman.  He really nailed the character down really well. 

Question 5.  Was the ending solid?

Answer:  Yes.  Peter Jackson chose a perfect stopping point to end his film.  It ends on a good note and leaves one waiting for the next film. 

Question 6.  What are you excited for? 

Answer:  I'm excited to see Benedict Cumberbatch play Smaug.  He literally is doing body scan imaging like they did with Gollum, so I'm really excited to see how they're going to do that with a dragon.  I also can't wait to see the Necromancer in action.  I mean they have to do something to explain the third movie.  I also have to finish the book.  Hopefully I'll finish it soon. 

Well, that's all.  I'm really excited for the next film.  I hope everyone gets a chance to see it.  Keep reading my friends. 

,Starvix Draxon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment